Sunday, August 11, 2019

Hanlon Blog post 5

Bruce Springsteen is a unique artists.  His songs are full of hope and carry messages that still resonate today. His back up band, The E Street Band provides a loud and otherwise unheard of sound. With instruments such as piano, guitar, organs, horns and who can forget the Big MA\an Clarence on the saxophone. In 1975 he released his break through album born to run, produced by the now owner of Interscop records, Jimmy Iovine. Bruce is a world wide superstar and has sold over 135 million records. Some of my favorite songs by him include, Glory days, Born to Run, Waitin on a Sunny Day, Atlantic City, and Aint Good Enough for you. All these songs have a message that makes you think and remember to live in the moment, something that I have a hard time doing sometimes. Springsteen songs really do carry a message which everyone can understand and relate to. His sound is truly unique. He makes people forget their problems and focus on whats going around him. Its loud, its in your face, but you can hear every instrument, which is hard to do seeing that their are so many.

Bruce is also well known for his live performances. He is well known for running around the stage and sweating like he's running a marathon. He constantly loses his voice because of how hard he sings. In fact Bruce was my first concert and I remember it vividly. It was in 2008 in the Meadow Lands stadium before it was torn dow, his last concert there. I'm really grateful I got to see him with Clarence Clemons. When him gone the E street Band will never be the same. Although they still have an amazing sound. He went on for hours and hours and I think he did three or four encores that night. I had to leave after two but to this day my dad regrets we left. The last song he played was Aint Good Enough For you and remains to this day one of my favorite if not my favorite song of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj9ObfkHY7c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPg6ZZC3AcY

No comments:

Post a Comment